Why smoke and die when you could drink and fly?
A professional kit to make your own 1 Liter Absinthe (50mg/l
Thujon possible). The absinthe will have the same taste as the original
drink from the 19th and early 20th century. Only vodka or liquor has to be added.
The kit contains:
- the absinthe-typical thujon-containing herbs & spices;
- absinthe-cocktail & longdrink-receipes;
- postcard sized sticker for your absinthe bottle;
- the special spoon which is used since the early days to let melting sugar
drop into a glass of absinthe;
- a description of this absinthe-ritual;
- and of course the detailed instructions how to make your own absinthe with
a high thujon level;
- all herbs come in separate plastic bags in a nice storebox.
Absinthe contains several psychoactive substances, of which thujone is foremost.
There is not much known for sure about the hallucinogenic properties of absinth
and thujone, but however they exist. Possibly the thujone accumulates in the
body, what makes regular use stronger and more toxicating.
The structure of thujone resembles that of THC, the active substance in cannabis.
But the mechanism that activates it has shown to be different (and unknown so
far). Some other ingredients in absinthe have psychoactive properties. Angelica,
coriander, calamus and nutmeg for example, only it is not likely that absinthe
contains enough of these ingredients for them to become hallucinogenic.
Today, we have come to the conclusion that it must be the combination of a high
alcohol percentage and thujone.
See included instructions.
Every kind of absinthe that is available nowadays, does
not contain enough thujone to possibly do any harm. From this absinthe you'd
have to drink so much that you would die from a alcohol intoxication.
The main warning, therefore, is to beware of the high amount of alcohol. Absinthe
contains between 50-75% alcohol.